The Perfect Ofsted Inspection INSET is a unique one day training course which provides a comprehensive guide to creating an outstanding school that’s ready for inspection at any time. On this course, find out exactly what happens during your two day inspection and how to show your school at its very best as you learn from your expert trainer.
The first session will cover the nuts and bolts of your inspection – what to do when inspectors show up, what you and your staff need to have ready to show them, and how they will make judgements on your school.
The second session will show you how to use data to get to outstanding – how to accurately self-evaluate your school, and how to engage teachers in using data to drive progress.
Next, we will explore what an outstanding lesson looks like to an inspector in 2015, as we tackle key areas such as literacy and numeracy, assessment for learning and deployment of teaching assistants.
And finally, hear what makes an effective leader, as you pick up ideas for creative school leadership, and receive practical guidance on key issues such as the pupil premium, engaging parents, and involving governors in your school vision.
This course is designed for the senior leadership team, but could be adapted for an INSET for the whole school staff.
• Pick up strategies for more creative school leadership
• Find out how to involve governors in the school evaluation process and align them with your school vision
• Learn how to demonstrate the impact of the Pupil Premium to Ofsted
• Help teachers use data to drive pupil progress in the classroom
• Understand the key elements of an ‘outstanding’ lesson in 2015
• Find out what really happens during your two day inspection
• Embed consistently ‘outstanding’ learning and teaching throughout school
• Deliver literacy and numeracy in line with the Ofsted framework
What to expect during an inspection and how to work with the inspection team to show your school at its best
• What really happens during your two day inspection
• Understanding the judgement criteria for 2015
• What the inspection team expects from you on arrival – the Headteacher’s ‘inspection checklist’
• Planning lesson observations - what inspectors are looking for in lessons
• Case studies of outstanding practice
Preparing your school for inspection through accurate data analysis and self-evaluation
• Practical ways to self-evaluate through data in readiness for Ofsted
• Helping teachers use data to inform how they drive pupil progress in the classroom
• How to present performance data to Ofsted to show progress - ensuring you and your middle leaders have accurate live documents on tap for inspectors
• Identifying the ‘gap’ students and making effective interventions
The core of your inspection: ‘outstanding’ lessons
• Key elements of an outstanding lesson
• The classroom teacher’s ‘inspection checklist’
• Delivering literacy and numeracy in line with the Ofsted framework
• Assessment for learning - showing progress over time
• Training your teaching assistants to be learning coaches
• Leading whole-school CPD- embedding consistency in learning and teaching throughout school
Becoming an ‘outstanding’ school leader
• What outstanding leadership looks like to an inspector
• Identifying your school’s unique selling point
• Ideas for creative leadership: finding new solutions for school improvement
• Pupil premium: reporting impact to Ofsted
• Governors: involving them in the school evaluation process
• Parents: winning support and engaging them in the inspection process
• Effective performance management: distributed leadership that creates a ‘can do’ culture
All courses are flexible in their content and a bespoke version of the agenda will be developed for your school following a call with the trainer. All courses are available for both Primary and Secondary schools.
To find out more about this course, or for a free consultation please call 0207 067 1597 or email email@example.com.